Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Vamos A La Playa

And I'm off again, tomorrow morning.

This time to Fire Island Pines. I take a train, then we take another train, then we take a jitney to the dock, then we take a boat, then we fill up a little red wagon with our belongings and pull it along the boardwalk to the house.

Then we breathe. No cars, only walking, or jogging or swimming.

One of my most favorite places on earth.

I'm bringing my camera (thank you Susan for the speedy return) my IPad and that pesky poison ivy.

I haven't been able to shave my legs or use a moisturizer since this was identified.

Not my usual beach look.

And I'm going to stay with my most style conscious friend.

Ah vanity.

But I'll be back next week, hopefully with pictures of paradise, though you can be sure I'll be photo bombing IG.

Well if there's wifi.

It is an island.

And the deer run free. I'm sure lymes disease is readily available this summer.

No thanks, the PI was enough of a souvenir.

I'll leave you with a few pictures of my favorite nursery in Falmouth,Ma, Brick Kilm Farm.Wish we were there.





 

13 comments:

  1. You have great friends in great places! Can I borrow one or two of them.....I want to go to a pretty island. :)

    Have a fabulous time!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have great friends in all the right places....including you on a lake!

      Delete
  2. Have fun! Now I know I'm on the way between your charmingly small home and Fire Island and back while we're being precise but I won't bring it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, too bad I'm on a train and not in a car......we could share one of your delicious meals and face time!

      Delete
  3. Well...you lucky duck!
    Have a great time....take care of that poison Ivy....yuck!
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a phenomenal time. Poison ivy b-gone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of my favorite places on earth. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy the peace and serenity of the island. It sounds idyllic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sheesh - how long does poison ivy last? Sounds unbearable. Am going to google Fire Island Pines now, as I haven't a clue about that either..... Have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the no car route. You have the rest of your life for shaving. Enjoy the break. ; )
    Have a blast!

    ReplyDelete