Friday, May 9, 2014

Happy

From this florists perspective, what makes Mothers Day a more enjoyable holiday than Valentines Day is the month and the weather.

It's May, it's May, the lovely month of May.

Though we have rain in the forecast for Saturday, our busy delivery day, there is no possibility of snow, or ice or freezing temperatures. Today will be in the high 80's.

The shop is bursting with all shades of peonies,local lilacs, sweet peas, lily of the valley, ranunculus, spirea, bearded iris and the last of the tulips.

And I am able to start and end my day with a walk around my own garden, full of it's own beauty, birdsong and cats popping up in unexpected places.


This morning the first poppy burst open. 


Now mind you this blast of euphoria is brought to you at 6:00am. At work an overflowing box of orders awaits us. I might not be as optimistic at 6:00pm.

I'm bringing breakfast, lunch, snacks and my heating pad. I can always fill a corsage bag up with ice at the 7-11 across the street from the shop.

But right now, right here, with a glass of latte at hand and Lucy waiting at the door for her breakfast, all seems possible.

And that's a magical feeling.

All hail spring!

9 comments:

  1. All hail spring, and heating pads:)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's something magical about this time of year, especially in the morning when it's quiet. I just love it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your garden looks stunning. The promise of so many good things to come!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're about two weeks ahead of us I think, you have a poppy! Yay! Mine will be here soon. I feel like a little kid, I'm so excited. Spring is here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love May. Happy day after Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jane, you sound content. I am glad. Hey, when are we doing FITH?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Weeeeeeeeel, Mother's Day in Colorado is not exactly Spring-like this year! (what with temps. hovering between 31 & 33, SIGH. It's rain-snowing now & I brought in, or covered, the most vulnerable plants. Happy to see your positive attitude about working this holiday & thank you for the beautiful photos! I have to force myself to remember, as always in the West, "we need the moisture!"
    Snowily yours,
    your Rocky Mountain Correspondent
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. p.s., 5 days ago, our high temp. was 86! with bright blue skies and masses of fragrant lilacs. "Never a dull moment..."

      Delete
  8. Hi, Jane. I hope you are still feeling the magic.

    ReplyDelete