Thursday, October 25, 2012

It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere


Flying in the face of our own best thinking, we're off to Connecticut for the Hai's birthday this weekend.

We aren't totally ignoring the words "storm of the century" though. 

We'll party on Saturday night with the usual cast of scientists, journalists, fishermen and nurses.  There will be 4 dogs, 1 cat, Mr. Baby and some drunk yacht club boys. ( they are a new addition in their flag patterned belts and Nantucket reds)

On Sunday we'll go to brunch in the sweetest house on the Sound and meet the latest addition to the extended Guilford family, a baby girl.  Mr. B's all pumped up.

Then we'll hop in the car and drive back down to Virginia, quickly, quickly, where we'll reunite with the kittens and hunker down for some weather.

The forecast doesn't look good and neither does the possibility of FITH.

Perhaps we can show and tell the following Monday, the 5th of November?

In the meantime take a gander at flowers in a customers' house. Herefore to be known as FIACH :-)




Pour me something tall and strong, make it a hurricane before I go insane.

Definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and expecting different results.

For those of you on the east coast: stock up on batteries, red wine, candles and water.

Your roving weather reporter, Jane

19 comments:

  1. Wait. Didn't you travel LAST big weather?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly. And where did that get us? Taking cold showers,that's what.

    But the Hai does like a big show at his party...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mad, quite mad.... but better than sitting in the basement with batteries, wine, candles and water - but (I noticed) no food?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You nailed that painting Jane! Really pretty flowers. The storm? I'm calling it a non event. I want pics of the party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a great weekend! I hope this storm takes a sharp right.

    ReplyDelete
  6. please be careful jane!

    sorry, that's the mom in me.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bread, milk, eggs and wine. We are set. NB. Drive carefully. I fear you are headed right into its face. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm backing down on this drive. We will vote later tonight. I vote going out for sushi tonight and sleeping in tomorrow.

      You with me?

      Delete
  8. Sandy is supposed to be 150 miles offshore from us here in NC, but we're expecting lots of rain and (potentially) zero power. Since we probably won't be able to take showers anyway, we've decided to hunker down and do some overdue plumbing work over the weekend. Hope all goes well for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OK so maybe I've changed my mind. We might be in for a weather event. Party hardy and come home safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just watched a minute of the weather channel,yes indeed, you are in for some weather.

      You be safe and let's stay in touch.

      Delete
  10. Have fun! Sounds like a great crew of companions. Maybe you should weather the storm with scientists (who could explain what's going on) fisherman (who could take advantage of the storm surge) journalists (who are good story tellers when the power goes out) and nurses (who could stitich you up when a tree limb falls). Getting carried away here... Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  11. p.s. I was not allowed access to the sweetest house. Apparently my security clearance is not high enough. Are you a CIA agent masquerading as a florist?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, I relinked under brunch. Let me know if this secret code allows you access.

      shhhh about the CIA. it's a secret remember?

      Delete
  12. I also remember you swooshing off before the last big storm. Love the FIACH. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Did you wave as you passed by? If you didn't wave on your way back as you speed down 95 to make it home before the mother of all stroms hits us all head on. And to think I was done with all of this when I left Florida. Not sure I'll have any flowers left for FITH on the 5th. Party hearty, I second Jen's very clever first comment.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jane--Blogger says my current account does not have access to view this page. Don't sweat it...nobody wants to figure out that stuff and I am mightily amused by what I can view.

    Amelia--for FITH you can use branches and pine needles. Jane is open-minded.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope you had a fantastic time over the weekend and didn't get drenched :)

    ReplyDelete