Wednesday, June 27, 2012

A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To Nordstroms....


First, a big thank you to all who participated in June's flowers in the house.  Whether you brought your garden into your house or your camera into your garden, each and every post was picture and word perfect.

When I get to look at picture after picture of hydrangeas and true garden roses, lisianthus and raspberries, orlaya grandiflower, my new favorite flower,( thank you Denise), bits of shrubbery and handfuls of herbs I am one happy woman. And it couldn't have happened on a better day.....

Because while running errands on Monday with my tall, exuberant friend Anne we suffered a bit of an accident. She tripped, started to slip and threw all her weight and  her 5'10" onto me.  Me with the just healing ankle.  Me with the  now freshly tweaked ankle. I stumbled , I flailed, I staggered and somehow I held us both up.  Too bad no one got a video of that moment.  It must have been the funniest game of Twister ever seen in a mall.

I railed against fate, I complained unceasingly to GG how unfair it was, I talked loudly to myself about how unfair it was and then I got over it. GG said it was an accident.





The brace is back.  Apparently I will zumba no more. At least not till after vacation. But it was just a tweak not a sprain and it was an accident. Right? See why I needed those flowers?


3 more days of work and we're off.  Off to Cape Cod.

Our annual 4th of July party is cancelled.  We're going on holiday.

Your plans?

xo jane

14 comments:

  1. Oh no. Enjoy a safe, but not so safe there isn't fun, visit to Cape Cod.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! Take it easy on the Cape. Enjoy the hydrangeas. http://whoplantsaseed.blogspot.com/2012/02/hydrangeas-cape-cod-and-islands.html http://freshnewenglandhome.blogspot.com/2010/07/hydrangea-heaven-on-cape-cod.html

    I would tell you to swing by on your way, but the shop will be closed July 1-4. Oh, and I'll be down the Cape Tuesday for lunch LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful trip and a great time. Will miss you, and will be very jealous of your time on the wonderful beach. rest the ankle, if you can. and travel safely. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, poor Jane. You will have to take it easy on holiday and be waited on hand and foot, but especially foot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How brave of you to sacrifice yourself to save your friend!! (I'm sure there's video of it in the mall's security office.)

    Have a lovely vacation ... put your poor bum ankle on an ottoman and enjoy your time away.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Cape Cod...Enjoy your vacation and do try to protect your ankle. Have loads of fun! Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear about your ankle, Jane. I have found that beaches can be quite therapeutic, so here's to a quick recovery for you! Have a blast up in Cape Cod, it's a beautiful place. Whitney and I are jealous! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no, sorry to hear about the recurring ankle injury, however all for a good cause. Have a great time at the Cape, honk on your way by.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cape Cod on the 4th sounds fabulous! Sorry to hear about the ankle - get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oohh your holiday sounds well deserved- soak up some sun for me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh sorry to hear about your accident - how painful and you must have been a bit shaken up too. Enjoy your holiday away - you definitely need it. Hello to GG too and sorry have not been around too much on blogs... and thank you for your message of encouragement re : the pounds!! Congratulations to you on still being smoke free - wonderful!! Happy weekend to you! Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  12. One of my favorite places is the Cape ! Have fun, rest a lot and enjoy Summer : ) Xoxo Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a freaky accident! I hope your ankle heals quickly xo

    ReplyDelete