Saturday, February 18, 2012

My Very Own Happiness Project


 I'm about to blow open and shower the world with happiness....I have a 3 day weekend.


This never happens as I work Saturdays and have Sunday and Monday off as my weekend.

But, since I worked Monday thru Friday this Valentine's week and I use the word "work" advisedly I got Saturday off.

The anticipation of what lies ahead is possibly more exciting that what will actually happen but I don't know that yet do I?


Needed: a massage, a pedicure, a trip to the library, sleep, exercise, time to read sections of the newspaper I've been hoarding all week, dog walks, iced lattes, laughs, naps and a little shopping.

Have I forgotten anything?


I know, cook something delicious, watch a movie, visit some blogs I've been missing, walk around the garden and see what's coming up.

Valentine's day total: 175 deliveries. 75, maybe a 100 pick up arrangements, countless loose bouquets, one caller screaming "Is your truck broken down?".  We ended up with 6 drivers and 6 designers and we were still scrambling to finish our "will call" orders at 5:00PM.

Shaking it off.  Lived to tell the tale one more year.  Sunny Saturday morning.  Door open, crocuses blooming, house scented by one stem of tuberose.


And what song kept me moving?  Ah Yeah!

16 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you made it through and now have some time for R&R. Sounds like the perfect weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Free Spirit is a keeper!!!! and that's what you are this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Let me know if you actually fit all that into 3 days!

    Sue
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh, well earned time off stretching out before you - the best feeling! Tell us what you cook up, I am off to make some ginger cake. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha i had to laugh so hard. enjoy your weekend and try to do some off those things ;)

    love, svenja

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I am so glad you survived. I thought of you when talking to a friend who has a bakery. She was still existing on adrenaline Friday morning. Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jane

    That is a lot of business and I am happy you have a 3 day weekend. Hope you get well deserved rest.
    Thanks for the Bruno Mars link, he is brilliant.

    Helenxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. uf!This a lot of work! It seems that there are a lot of people in love in your city!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Back in the day (1970's) I worked as a florist, and considered Valentine's Day an early warm-up for Mother's Day.
    Why can't people give flowers all through the year - what a wonderful surprise a bouquet would be on a random Wednesday evening!
    Glad you survived intact, and have the reward of three consecutive days to do -whatever you want-.
    Greetings from your newest blog reader in San Francisco.
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy, happy weekend! Hope the dratted snow stays away or you will have to add shoveling the sidewalk to your list. :-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. You deserve a break. I hope you get through your R&R list.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can smell that tuberose in Oz! Have a nice relaxing weekend...Robx
    p.s. love your foul-mouthed friend Janet!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You so deserve your break - really relax and enjoy. Lovely photies too! XX

    ReplyDelete
  14. Enjoy your well deserved 3 day weekend and only do half of all that stuff or you'll be exhausted.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely photos. A three day weekend is just what you deserve - relax and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic! I hope you are enjoying every second of your time off :)

    ReplyDelete