Sunday, May 8, 2011

We Climbed Every Mountain

How tired?  Too tired to feel my legs last night.

How busy?  So busy that by 11:00am, the idea of an annual post holiday staff flogging had taken hold in Gwen's and my mind and we laughed till we cried.  Unfortunately, (or not), everyone worked so hard, we couldn't decide on a victim. Though when I put The Sound Of Music CD on so the designers could yodel along to The Lonely Goatherd, I was undoubtedly a contender.

My favorite moment: when GG called for help from the front of the store.  When I asked what they needed I thought she said lemonade.  In disbelief, I echoed lemonade? We had just done a Starbucks run...but it turned out they needed lemon leaves.  Ah.  This played out in front of about 30 customers.  Then of course we all wanted lemonade.  Such is the life of a florist during a major holiday.

Everyone is awake now and we are about to go out and gambol in the garden. There will be mowing and weeding and watering and sowing.  And then a big collapse and napping. 



Happy Mothers Day to all.  May your heart be filled with the sound of music and your peonies burst open in triumphant beauty.


P.S. I understand from friends that Miss P.'s charming guest post did not show up on their blog lists.  I know not why, but this was unhappy making news.  If you didn't get to read it do so immediately:)

21 comments:

  1. That last picture is divine. Hats off to you for surviving the work marathon with your sanity and humour intact. Sleep well, my florist friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your garden is gorgeous jane. gorgeous.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm impressed with your use of the word "gambol." Very impressed.

    I think you should just take the day off. Right after to tell what the blue flowers are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jane,

    It sounds like you had a busy day, but a day full of fun as well. LOVE your garden pics!

    Lieve groet, Madelief x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Comeca, why thank you:)

    Belinda, thanks for helping to keep me sane, or not, Ha!

    Janet, Thank you, hope you're being very spoiled today.

    Steve, Good idea, tell those weeds to yank themselves out by their own roots. The blue flower if flax, perennial, closes at night, open big blue eyes in morning.

    Madelief, It's always something with me isn't it? We did have too much fun. Love your garden pics:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the photos of your garden. have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful garden pictures! Take a nice long nap!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You live to fight another Mother's Day.

    Lemonade's all round.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gardening and napping should equate to a fabulous day. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Home to see your beautiful garden. Managed to spray my roses this afternoon, play with the dogs and start dinner. YOUR garden is inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I bet you are tired! We had a wedding admist all the Sat. deliveries and last minute walk ins. It made for a long day...thankfully I was working the front desk and the phones and not in back stepping in 2 feet of rose stems!

    Your garden is beautiful! It's what mine aspires to be! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done you survived it but not without a little bit of delirium! I would love to have your garden ,its just perfect. Love Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I promise I will never visit a florist on an national day of celebration again, after my years of thoughtlessness. Instead I'll pop in some wet Monday in March with chocolates for everyone and the soundtrack to South Pacific.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm sorry that you had to work your tail off - you deserve a nice little rest,NOW. Those pictures literally had me ooohing and ahhhing. Lovely. karin

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the lonely goatherd!

    Flax, the blue flower? Beautiful garden pictures. rest well.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the peonies and Miss Kim - sadly, mine is already gone, but oh the fragrance for a few days! Enjoy and soak your poor toes! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi! Have missed my visits and this is just a quick drop in but will see you again soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are a rock star flower warrior, Jane!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sounds like you really worked hard, still think of all those grateful Mothers :)... the last two photos are so lovely, love the planting and you have roses in flower! mine are in bud at the moment x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your garden looks like the most beautiful Mother's Day arrangement of all. You planned it this way? : )

    Congratulations on surviving!!

    ReplyDelete