Sunday, May 15, 2011

The Day The Earth Stood Still


Sunday was a  nothing doing, doing nothing day.  Janet and Steve would be proud of me.  After a morning spent cleaning and doing laundry,  I stopped.  Doing.  Anything.

I read outside at the table, ignoring the weeds and the unshaven lawn.  I drank fresh lemonade and read some more.  I came inside, flopped down on the couch next to the sleeping dog, and kept reading. Then I made some espresso, iced it up with milk, went back to the garden and finished my book.  Maybe there was a nap....



GG is studying.  She has three days of finals starting Monday, Then she graduates on Thursday. ( picture me jumping up and down here)

We are conserving our energy.  GG's father hits town this week, trailing in his wake: loaves of bread, sausages, salmon he smoked himself, bottles of red wine, miles of camera paraphernalia, and what ever new music he had discovered.  The joint will be jumping and as always we will disappoint him by going to bed just about the time he wants to go out and dance. He is much younger than we are.

We'll have dinner en famille on Thursday, then a party for friends and family on Saturday night.

This is going to be a very good week.  Stay tuned.

xo Jane

20 comments:

  1. Dying to know what you were reading. Sounds like the perfect day! Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful image of your bed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Must say, Jane, a nap in that bed would be heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very big, happy week ahead...good thing you rested up. Yummy looking bed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you! I wish I could have done the same.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds exciting cant wait to hear about it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Sunday was like mine. I was devoid of energy. I managed to bake two pizzas, directed my husband toward them, and then laid in bed reading for the rest of the day. It was heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That bed certainly looks inviting, German sausage and smoked salmon, sounds wonderful and love those kind of days x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, you've certainly made a good start. Resting before the onslaught of fun is a good idea.

    Very pretty bedding, BTW.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Strangely enough I was loving a book I got at our local Safeway on the $1.00 table. It's by Kate Atkinson and it's called "When Will There Be Good News".

    V. entertaining for a dollar. Now I'll return it and get another, or two..

    ReplyDelete
  11. That bed looks so soft and cool and pretty!

    NYC? Stifled sniff.

    ReplyDelete
  12. good girl! i bet you are feel a lot better today. and your bedscene looks lovely and springtimey fresh.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mariee, NYC soon, you will be the first to know!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fun fun fun. Enjoy it all! By the way...what book were you reading?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oops...I see you already answered up there. Okay. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  16. May I have the address of GG's father's blog, please? I need to read that sort of energy.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sometimes you just need days like that.Love Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Jane many thanks for the visit and the very sound advice. The general consensus seems to be to party but get help with the food. So, that's what I'll do. Enjoy your week, love Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sounds lovely - enjoy! I love this photo!!

    ReplyDelete