Saturday, April 24, 2010

April Flowers



A stolen moment at the computer. The last few days have flown by in a blur of work and weeding, and friends and family. Sometimes, while weeding or working, I wear an imaginary button that says "I'd rather be blogging".

Friends and food are on their way with more of both to come tomorrow. So I'm grabbing my private time to post a few pictures from today's wedding. For some odd reason German girl and I posed the bouquets in front of plants , almost obscuring the bridal bouquet of phalaenopsis orchids, succulents, green tea roses, pale yellow wax flower and baby green hydrangea with a few green hypericum berries. The queen ferns and little zinc pots were not part of it.

The bridesmaids bouquets ( with an under planting of maidenhair ferns) have limoncello floribunda roses, more yellow wax flowers, yellow hypericum berries, green hydrangea,and a larger pale yellow rose accented with blue thistle.

I was so insistent in getting pictures of the bouquets, we were almost late for the delivery. Mea culpa.

I hear car doors slamming and people laughing. My time here is over. I'll sneak back soon to post some flowers from the garden.

5 comments:

  1. So glad you were able to steal a little moment away from life to say hello. Hello, dear. Sounds like life has been full, and good, and filled with friends and visitors... Enjoy!

    xoox,
    -maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely they are - so love the twisted willow intertwined in them - you are so talented. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Jane - that's an INCREDIBLE bridal bouquet. Bridesmaids not too shabby, either. Wish I'd made them!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maria, Hope you had a lovely Sunday. I did enjoy. You should be our next visitor.

    Semi Expat, Thank you, the willow was one of my favorite parts.

    Gwen, Next weekend 2 weddings, one Friday, one Saturday. You could join us in the fun if you like??

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are really beautiful, I love the blue thistle :-)

    ReplyDelete