Friday, March 12, 2010

A Study In Black And White



I'm giddy as a schoolgirl today. Though I have no idea what that saying means because I was rather sullen as a schoolgirl. Only giddy when I thought I was getting away with something. But I never did, get away with anything, I mean. I digress.

At 0'dark thirty this morning my boss,Marnie and I showed up at a hotel in D.C. to present our work to a room full of catering and conference sales people. We were stoked on Starbucks, well groomed for these 2 florists, and all went well. We got it. We're now one of 2 florists doing work for a big box hotel. Lots of work, lots of parties, lots of headaches, I'm sure. I hope we can remember the feelings of gratitude and sheer excitement that hit us when we got to the car. We love to work and we need the $$$$.

In celebration we went back to work, drank more coffee and produced a rather lovely party in blacks and whites , each encased in a different patterned milk glass vase. Florists, we celebrate differently, but no less wholeheartedly!

7 comments:

  1. I love this arrangement! that black eucalyptus is my favorite. Thanks for your nice comments ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOT! Here's to making a good impression!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a neat idea! Guess that's why you're a florist and I am not. Congrats on the contract. Hope it will help for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulation, this is such great news. If you presented work like the photo mo wonder you got it!
    ALso thank you for your encouring comments on my little magazine idea. And you would have alot to contribute, flowers would be a part of it. I'll keep you posted.
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. how thrilling!!! now i'm even more sad i don't get to see you this saturday morning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everybody! Nice to be able to share my excitement with such an enthusiastic bunch of supporters!

    And you all will be able to hold me accountable when I start complaining about too much work!

    ReplyDelete