Thursday, December 10, 2009

from nothing to something




i've got nothing. well, i 've got glitter on my shoes and face and clothes and my hands are covered in the little cuts you can only get from handling an assortment of fresh greens quickly. i've been decorating client's houses for the past couple of days and i just knew they wouldn't want me taking photos in their house for the blog. smallbutfired would be the new title. luckily, today i received some beautiful shots taken this past weekend by The Hai, father to the german girls. i hope he won't mind if i post a few. he is my idol: never without his camera, doesn't let a little thing like driving a car or a "no pictures" sign stop him. he's relentless in his pursuit of a good shot, we never take a bite until the camera does. what did i learn this weekend? eat less and get a better camera!

4 comments:

  1. where was the bread picture taken?

    ReplyDelete
  2. le pain quotiden in georgetown. great photo isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the photos, esp the bread. And that ceiling.... I've always loved those ceilings. they remind me of old homes from my childhood.

    "smallbutfired" made me guffaw.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks especially for the first photo. It makes me miss DC!

    ReplyDelete